The Human Services Campus (HSC) and the Lodestar Day Resource Center (LDRC), have recently combined programmatic efforts and aligned resources to assist individuals experiencing homelessness in connecting to appropriate resources to end their own homelessness. The mission of the Human Services Campus is to "use the power of collaboration to end homelessness”. The mission of the Lodestar Day Resource Center is to create "a safe, engaging, holistic community that empowers people to end their homelessness and create positive, long-term changes”. We are a quirky agency and have a lot of fun ending homelessness. You gotta see us to believe us.
The Client Care Department (CCD) works with individuals experiencing homelessness to fulfill their basic needs, reduce barriers to necessary services, assess for appropriate resource interventions, and rebuild lives. As a Client Care Coordinator, you will work at the LDRC front desk and the Welcome Center single point of entry. Ideally, you are energetic and able to engage meaningfully with clients from diverse backgrounds including youth, the elderly, individuals with elevated psychiatric symptoms, and medically vulnerable individuals. You are compassionate and able to listen empathetically, empowering individuals to realize their potential and ultimately end their homelessness. Additionally, you are professional and capable of performing light administrative duties (i.e. answering the phone, responding to emails, making photocopies).
Supervision The Client Care Coordinator will receive minimal day-to-day supervision and reports directly to the Welcome Center Manager.
• Outstanding Customer Service skills
• Committed to treating all clients, visitors and staff of the Campus with dignity and respect
• Provide accurate and comprehensive information to clients
• Professional communication abilities (in person, phone, electronic)
• Participate in mandatory training to develop customer service skills
• Maintain organized work area
• Comply with all HSC/LDRC policies and procedures for Outreach and Engagement
• Meet clients where they are, geographically and emotionally
• Fearlessly seek out and build relationships with vulnerable individuals
• Engage clients with a welcoming and positive attitude
• Assess and refer clients to appropriate resource interventions
• Build and maintain productive relationships with social service agencies
• Utilize database (Homeless Managing Information System) to organize the work that is done with clients
• Apply critical thinking in finding quick solutions to individual homelessness
• Follow up with clients
• Other duties as assigned
• Previous customer service experience
• Flexibility to work in different areas, behind the front desk and on the lawn of the Campus
• Computer literate and comfortable with data entry
• Previous experience and knowledge of social services is a plus
• Ability to multi-task in a fast-paced environment
• Creative thinking skills
• Lift 50 pounds
• Tolerate ambiguity
• A valid AZ driver's license
• Bachelor's degree in social work or related field
• Trained in Service Prioritization Decision Assessment Tool (SPDAT) and Vulnerability Index Service Prioritization Decision Assessment Tool (VISPDAT)
• Submit resume and cover letter to: Dawn Shires
• In your cover letter, please describe: the customer service, client care, and/or social service experience that you have--highlighting why you enjoy this work, why you would like to work for a non-profit organization that serves individuals experiencing homelessness, and anything that makes you stand out.
• Deadline for Submission: Monday, February 24th, 2014. No applications received after this date will be reviewed.
$10 an hour/part-time (29 hours max weekly). Not a benefits eligible position.